Get Out and PLAY Event - Day 1
Oftentimes our days out are not stroller-friendly. Whether we are traveling, going to be in large crowds, or will simply be covering a lot of unpaved ground, we go wheel-free fairly often. This wasn't a problem when we only had little ones that could snuggle up in a front pack or toddlers that could go in a backpack, but now we've got a child who loves to explore as much as we do and who prefers to lead our way.
As much fun as this is watching her explore, the problem comes when she inevitably tires before we do. Typically that leaves us carrying her the rest of the way, either on the hip, on the back, or on our shoulders, all of which are awkward and takes extra hands to secure her along the way.
Sometimes we bring an extra baby carrier for this reason, but that brings with it a whole host of problems. Issues such as what to do with the carrier when she's walking on her own, how to easily get her in and out over and over again quickly, and what to do when she finally outgrows the baby carrier all together. A better solution, and something we are so excited about, is the Piggyback Rider that allows you to carry your child on your back quickly and easily while still allowing them to see everything that's going on around you.
While the Piggyback Rider might appear from a distance to be similar to other child carriers, once you see it in person you will realize it is unlike anything else on the market. Instead of a metal framed or soft back carrier, the Piggyback Rider is unique in that it doesn't have a pouch or seat your child goes into, which we all know limits the size your child can be to still be carried comfortably as well as their mobility while riding.
In place of a fabric seat is a metal bar that your child actually stands on while riding, making it ideal for older children who want more freedom and a better view. While the Piggyback Rider is worn like a backpack over both shoulders, it’s the single metal bar that simply hangs at your hips that makes it so unique.
This bar makes it easy for a child to hop on easily without needing extra adults to help, and it gives both you and your child more maneuverability on the go. But, that doesn’t mean that it is without safety features to help secure your child. The Piggyback Rider comes with four spots for your little one to hold onto, a removable safety harness to ensure your child stays in place, and slip resistant covering over the foot bar to keep little shoes secure.
What’s great is that the Piggyback Rider is great for multiple ages since the maximum weight is an astonishing 60 pounds. When accommodating different sized passengers, you will love that the backpack straps, the height of the bar, and even the security harness can all be adjusted in numerous ways to give you and your child the best possible fit.
Things we absolutely love about the Piggyback Rider: since the Piggyback Rider consists of mainly shoulder straps for you and your child, it makes it an ideal carrier for hotter weather when you want minimal coverage. As opposed to traditional carriers which hold your child tight against you and then wrap them in fabric, the Piggyback Rider allows your child to lean tight against you if they want to or lean back ever so slightly so they aren’t even touching you.
The minimal size of the Piggyback Rider also makes it great for wearing in tight spaces as well as the fact that it rolls up so small when you’re not using it. This makes it great for festivals, events, and more when a big backpack would be cumbersome and hard to store. Also a huge bonus is that the entire carrier comes in a convertible storage bag which can be used as an attached pouch as well as a mudflap to keep dirty shoes off of you.
Although it is fairly small, we loved that the Piggyback Rider is still strong and sturdy. This is because it is made with high quality climbing buckles and webbing as well as an incredibly strong aluminum bar that doesn't warp even when faced with the higher end of the weight limit.
But the number one reason we love the award-winning Piggyback Rider is that every child likes a piggy back ride. Finding a solution for giving one without straining, pulling, or balancing is a hit for both parents and children alike, but even better is that all this bonding can be done hands free. By moving your child’s weight to the backpack-like straps, you can carry them for a much greater amount of time before you get tired, which just might make you dad of the year.
FEATURES OF THE PIGGYBACK RIDER:
• For kids 2 ½ to 7 years old (up to 60 pounds)
• Weighs less than 3 pounds and is the size of a rolled towel
• Built with a shoulder mounted foot bar for child to stand on, four integrated grab handles to hold, and a safety harness to secure your child
• Made of strong and sturdy high quality climbing buckles, webbing and tempered aluminum bar
• Comes in a covertible multipurpose storage bag/mudflap
• Allows adult to stand much straighter than the typical 30-40 degree slouch associated with the old-fashioned piggyback method
• So many uses - walking through the mall, amusement park, sports game, hiking and more!
To Enter: Simply tell me one place that you would use the Piggyback Rider. You can visit www.thepiggybackrider.com for ideas.
And, as always, there are extra entries available!
1) Subscribe to Rave and Review, top of right sidebar (2 extra entries, must be verified to count)
2) Like Piggyback Rider on Facebook
3) Tweet about this Giveaway after following us both (daily Tweet, just post link here)
4) Blog about this Giveaway with links back to this post as well as the www.raveandreview.com homepage (just post the URL where I can find your writeup)
5) Place my button or logo in your sidebar on your blog or website (2 extra entries, must have an active link to R&R)
6) Comment love. Enter any of my other Giveaways and/or comment on any non-giveaway post!
7) Email love. Share this Giveaway with friends and family via email and cc Leanne (at)raveandreview (dot) com (I will never, ever contact your email recipients)
8) Vote for Rave and Review on Top Baby Blogs, logo in right sidebar (daily entry, just tell me what rank R&R has)
On May 12nd at 11:59pm PST a winner will be drawn via Random.org, announced here and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen. Giveaway open to US Addresses.
This giveaway is now closed. Thank you to all who entered and congrats to # 7
A big thank you to Piggyback Rider who provided the sample for review as well as a giveaway to our fabulous readers. All opinions are 100% ours and no form of monetary compensation was received in exchange for this Rave Review.