Cozy At Home Event: Day 21
When hubby and I first moved in together we were given the best housewarming present ever, a set of high quality knives that we have been using for the past 11 years. These knives are still top of the line despite the fact that they are more than a decade old, but up until this week you wouldn’t have guessed how great these knives really are. The thing is, we almost never sharpen our knives. Yes, we have a knife sharpener, but it's so cumbersome that it rarely ever comes out of the drawer.
So, when AnySharp contacted me and told me about the AnySharp Pro Sharpener that was simple to use, easy to store, and extremely efficient, I was dying to try it out. Once it arrived, I realized there were some really big features in this very small package.
As the hilarious YouTube video says, the AnySharp utilizes the newest in octopus technology – a.k.a. a PowerGrip suction cup – so you don’t need a free hand to secure it while you sharpen. Since I am clumsy and rarely allowed to use knives on my own, everyone who cares about my fingers loves this feature the best. The amazing suction power is surprisingly stable on the countertop once you secure the lever and incredibly easy to move and reposition, and a far cry from your typical suction cups that you need to moisten in order to use.
The second feature that makes the AnySharp stand out is its relatively small size and how easy it is to store it where you will actually use it. At just under 2 ½” in diameter and roughly the size of a yogurt cup, it can easily fit in the knife drawer or even inconspicuously on the countertop by the knife block.
Another feature my husband really loves is how open the design of the AnySharp is, which allows you to maneuver just about any knife, scissor, or blade into it easily without being restricted by the size or shape of the blade. It’s this open design that makes it incredibly easy to use and makes it versatile enough to sharpen our whole collection of knives to perfection in just minutes.
As if that’s not enough, the AnySharp comes with a 10 year lifetime guarantee that covers every part of the sharpener, not just the sharpening tools. Since I firmly believe that kitchens aren’t big enough to be filled with cheap tools, I love when my favorite tools also have a guarantee.
The steps to use the AnySharp are incredibly simple: Place AnySharp Pro on clean surface and press lever down to lock into place. Place knife in the sharpener, starting at the base of the handle and gently draw knife back 3 – 4 times through the “v” shaped slot. That’s it, your knife is sharpened and all metal shards are collected on the top of the AnySharp for easy cleanup!
AnySharp claims to be the world's best knife sharpener and while I’m not a knife sharpener expert, I can attest to the fact that it certainly is compact, efficient, and extremely effective. And, now I’ve got a whole set of newly sharpened, high quality knives that can cut through anything with ease, which makes them far less dangerous when you’re as clumsy as I am.
Product Features from AnySharp
- Use on kitchen cutlery, gardening shears, lawnmower blades, serrated knives and more
- Diamond precision hones the blade to its proper angle; patented design produces results that are superior to those from traditional steel or stone
- Removes only microscopic amounts of metal
- Unique round design and PowerGrip suction bottom makes it safe and easy to use; exterior has zinc alloy finish
To Enter: Simply let me know how this would help in your kitchen by commenting below.
And, as always, there are extra entries available!
1) Subscribe to Rave and Review, top of right sidebar (2 extra entries, must be verified to count)
3) Blog about this Giveaway with links back to this post as well as the www.raveandreview.com homepage (2 extra entries - just post the URL where I can find your writeup)
4) Place my button or logo in your sidebar on your blog or website and/or the Cozy At Home Event Button (2 extra entries for each button, must have an active link to R&R)
5) Comment love. Enter any of my other Giveaways and/or comment on any non-giveaway post!
6) Email love. Share this Giveaway with friends and family via email and cc Leanne (at)raveandreview (dot) com (I will never, ever contact your email recipients)
7) Vote for Rave and Review on Top Baby Blogs, logo is in right sidebar (daily entry, just tell me what rank R&R has)
On December 10th at 11:59pm PST a winner will be drawn, announced here and notified via email. Winner will have 48 hours to contact me or a new winner will be chosen. Giveaway open to US and Canadian Addresses.
Winner, winner! This giveaway is now closed. Thank you to all who entered and congrats to: #552 Lilac said... voted on tbb #7
A big thank you to AnySharp for providing the sample for review as well as offering a giveaway to our fabulous readers. All opinions are 100% ours and no form of monetary compensation was received in exchange for this Rave Review.